In session four, Delia and Jessica go on a Saturn-Mars archetypal odyssey exploring different ways that Mars can express as the emotion of anger, and how we can bring a Saturnian discipline and focus to that expression in our relationships, family systems and work in the world. They discuss woking with anger in an affect-avoidant culture, where aggression often comes through as toxic hyper-masculinity, and how to recover the libidinal life-force beneath that. Now is a powerful time to reflect on the Saturn-Mars opposition in the sky as it is currently alive and well on the world stage for all of us.
To enter this dialogue with us, subscribe to our blog at deeperthanday.com to follow this podcast.
Stealing Diamonds From Heaven: A Four Day Workshop with Chris Bache
I am very excited and honored to share this amazing opportunity to have a four day intimate discussion about the psychedelic path with a great teacher and explorer of consciousness, Chris Bache. Participants will be in dialogue around the material in Bache’s forthcoming book, Stealing Diamonds From Heaven, an account of his 20 year psychedelic odyssey.
” Join us for a discussion of psychedelics that will push the boundaries of theory and practice as the journey opens beyond the personal to the cosmological, beyond self- transformation to collective-transformation, beyond the present to the future. Bringing the Bodhisattva vow to medicine work. Understanding our moment in history. Giving birth to the future human. Surviving God’s embrace.”
The workshop will take place this summer, June 9th – 12th, in the Berkeley Hills of California. Please see the above flyer for more information. The workshop space is limited to 20 people and is already half full. To register or for questions please email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please join me for the Spring 2016 semester to explore, practice, and embody archetypal astrology and archetypal cosmology! Email me at email@example.com to register or ask questions.
Embodying Astrology in an Archetypal Cosmos
This course aims at an integration of archetypal astrology and depth psychology both in its subject matter, as well as its pedagogy and format. If the insights of these disciplines are to be truly embodied, we cannot simply learn their content for application in the world at some later date. Instead the very classroom is a living expression of the archetypes, offering itself too for analysis. By setting our intentions on embodying the teachings of archetypal cosmology, we will co-create a field of group consciousness whose endeavor is two-fold:
- The first segment of each class will examine rigorous and intuitive approaches to various astrological topics and practices while integrating the teachings of depth psychology. We will dive into the artistry of archetypal interpretation using the three forms of correspondence—natal chart, personal transits, and world transits—those maps of the underlying complicity between psyche and cosmos. An in-depth study of synastry, composite charts, and progressions will serve as a complement for understanding our archetypal complexes in relationships and as they unfold through time.
- The second portion of each class will open up to dialogue and council space with the intention of inviting the wisdom of each individual in service of strengthening the group mind. We are individuals who comprise a collective, evolving field; the archetypes are operating all along the spectrum between these poles. Your chart is already present in your learning style, our composite in the teacher-student relationship, and everyone’s synastry with one another in the dialogue and group process that emerge. Can we become aware of the archetypal and psychological dynamics at work in the very act of learning and conversing about those dynamics? Can we slow down enough to see the tendencies and principles we are studying actually transpiring in the room? In addition to approaching astrology as a field of study, can we use this awareness to embody astrology as part of a living, archetypal cosmos.
This course is centered on deepening into astrology as a grounded, spiritual practice, providing you not only the tools of the trade but a living laboratory in which to begin to use them. My role is as a teacher of these tools, but also as a therapeutically-trained facilitator, holding the group process for a sustained period of time in a safe and creative container. We will learn consciously from one another, but also by tending to what is emerging from the group mind’s unconscious, addressing emotions, the unspoken, and interpersonal dynamics, in service of deepening the learning field we share. Our aim is to bring out your inner astrologer by honoring each individual as part of a web of relationships informed by archetypal principles. The unique inflection of your natal chart is a gift from the cosmos to the collective, which you are called to live into in your own distinct way. This class celebrates and encourages all ways of knowing and varied expressions of the archetypes as vital movements in the cosmic dance.
The culmination of this course will be the second annual Embodying Astrology conference that the class will organize, choose a theme for, and present to the larger community of CIIS. Each student will have a time to present on what emerged for them during the semester in any medium they feel called toward, e.g. speech, music, art, poetry, dance, experiential work, or anything else you can imagine and that your heart desires.
Embodying Astrology in a Archetypal Cosmos Course Reader (provided by teacher)
The recording of the latest episode of “Correlations,” with Matthew Stelzner! On this episode, we focus much of our discussion on the Saturn-Neptune archetypal combination (currently in the sky in a 90 degree square alignment for everyone and when we recorded this episode being lit up by the two planets–Sun and Mercury). We dialogued about the ways it is coming through both collectively (in the recent terrorist attacks around the world and their tragic impact on all of us) as well as on the individual level with so many of us working with a grief process or other “tests of consciousness.” We work with the metaphor for understanding the way Saturn is the accrual of patterns of wisdom (or challenging habits that are hard to move beyond) that are like the quality of the “thread count” with which we weave our experience of life. We also give time to the Uranus-Pluto archetype, and Matthew explores the correlations to the recent sad story of Rupert Murdoch’s takeover of National Geographic magazine, amongst other topics. We also had some excellent participation from the live webinar participants. Enjoy!
Initiation to Archetypal Astrology: Working with the Fundamentals from trustpsyche on Vimeo.
By the end of this twelve week course (remaining classes will be uploaded within two weeks of purchase) you will have everything you need to be fluent in the language and practice of archetypal astrology. You will learn the technical aspects of astrology required to read your own chart and transits, as well as those of others.
By cultivating the ability to discern the planetary archetypes in your own psyche, your relationships, the larger world around you and the cosmos—this course will help to open what archetypal psychologist James Hillman called your archetypal eye. By the end of the semester you will be prepared to take intermediate and even advanced astrology courses.
• To gain proficiency in reading and interpreting the three forms of correspondence—the natal chart, world transits, and personal transits
• To be intimately familiar with the ten planetary archetypes and their meanings by developing an archetypal eye
• To exhibit knowledge of the geometrical aspects and their qualities
• To understand the relationship of the signs and houses to the ten planetary archetypes
• To appreciate the ethical dimension of astrology
• To begin opening awareness of the cosmological implications of astrology
• To gain practical tools for seeing how astrology informs our lives and living with astrology on a daily basis
A lecture on archetypal astrology given at the California Institute of Integral Studies in October 2011, for the Philosophy, Cosmology, and Consciousness (PCC) Forum.